sexta-feira, 5 de agosto de 2011

Veggies on the Grill

This is a good recipe that can either be an appetizer to a dinner or as a main course, especially if it is a vegetarian food. I did it another day when I got home and felt like something different and light for dinner. I opened the refrigerator and pulled out all the vegetables I found. I used tomatoes, zucchini, eggplant and onions, but could have put leeks, pepper and maybe even have a pre-cooked sweet potatoes. 
    
Ingredients
4 tomato slices cut about 1cm 
4 slices of eggplant cut 1 cm 
4 zucchini slice with 0.5 cm 
4 slices of onion or red onion, cut into 0.5 cm 
2 chunks of goat cheese or any other cheese that melts slightly 
Salt, Pepper, Basil 
Olive oil 
50 ml Balsamic Oil
  
Season the vegetables with salt and pepper to taste. Spend oil all around them. Putting olive oil in the food and not in pot will reduce the level of smoke in your kitchen. Sprinkle the cheese with olive oil and oregano. 
  
Put everything in a grid in the oven and cook on both sides. Use a grill pan and not a standard because it makes all the difference. 
  
Place the olive oil balsamic in a saucepan, boil and reduce to about half. 
This will cause it to be thicker and sweeter too. 
  
Another thing I do is my own crouton. I use any bread that I have at home, cut them into cubes and place in oven until they are baked. 
  
When the vegetables and cheese are grilled on both sides put in the dish. Place a slice of tomato in front of another and the eggplant on the side. 
Place the zucchini on top of tomatoes and onions on top of the eggplants. Place the cheese on top of everything and pour the reduced balsamic sauce, a little more olive oil and croutons. 
  
Bon Appetit! 

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário